- He Xiao (Student)
- Hanqi Guo (Student)
- Donghao Ren (Student)
- Prof. Xiaoru Yuan (Faculty)
- Previous Participants
- Peihong Guo (Student)
Scattering Points in Parallel Coordinates
This is a novel parallel coordinates design integrated with points (Scattering Points in Parallel Coordinates, SPPC), by taking advantage of both parallel coordinates and scatterplots. Two neighboring dimensions can be converted into a scatterplot directly, and multidimensional scaling is adopted to allow converting multiple axes into a single subplot. The transition between two visual types is designed in a seamless way. Uniform brushing functionality is implemented to allow the user to perform data selection on both points and parallel coordinate polylines without explicitly switching tools. A GPU accelerated Dimensional Incremental Multidimensional Scaling (DIMDS) has been developed to signiﬁcantly improve the system performance.
Interactive Local Clustering Operations In Parallel Coordinates
We developed an approach of clustering data in parallel coordinates through interactive local operations, which allows users to directly apply attractive and repulsive operators at regions of interests. Taking advantages of an electricity interaction metaphor, our design enables users to interact directly with the parallel coordinate plots and provides great ﬂexibility in exploring and revealing underlying patterns. With instant feedback, users are able to dynamically adjust the clustering parameters to reach an optimum. A graph indicating the logical relationship between clusters is also provided in our system.
- Xiaoru Yuan, Donghao Ren, Zuchao Wang and Cong Guo. “Dimension Projection-Matrix/Tree: Interactive Subspace Visual Exploration and Analysis of High Dimensional Data.” IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics (InfoVis'13), 19(12): - , 2013. (ACCEPTED)
- Bowen Yu, Richen Liu and Xiaoru Yuan. “MLMD: Multi-Layered Visualization for Multi-Dimensional Data.” In Proceedings of Eurographics 2013 Short Papers, Leipzig, Germany, June 17 - June 21, 2013.
- Peihong Guo, He Xiao, Zuchao Wang and Xiaoru Yuan. “Interactive Local Clustering Operations In Parallel Coordinates.” The 3rd IEEE Pacific Visualization Symposium (PacificVis'10), March 2-5, 2010.
- Xiaoru Yuan, Peihong Guo, He Xiao, Hong Zhou and Huamin Qu, “Scattering Points in Parallel Coordinates.” IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics, 15(3):1001-1008, 2009. (In the Special Issue of IEEE Vis/InfoVis.)
- Hong Zhou, Weiwei Cui, Huamin Qu, Yingcai Wu, Xiaoru Yuan and Wei Zhou, “Splatting the Lines in parallel Coordiantes.” Computer Graphics Forum (EuroVis'09), 28(3):759-766, 2009.
- Hong Zhou, Xiaoru Yuan, Huamin Qu, Cui Weiwei, and Baoquan Chen, “Visual Clustering in Parallel Coordinates” Computer Graphics Forum (EuroVis'08), 27(3):1047-1054, 2008.
- Hanqi Guo, He Xiao and Xiaoru Yuan. “Scalable Multivariate Volume Visualization and Analysis based on Dimension Projection and Parallel Coordinates.” IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics, pages 19-26, 18(9):1397-1410, 2012.
- Hanqi Guo, He Xiao, and Xiaoru Yuan. “Multi-Dimensional Transfer Function Design based on Flexible Dimension Projection Embedded in Parallel Coordinate.” In Proceedings of IEEE Pacific Visualization Symposium (PacificVis 2011), pages 19-26, Hong Kong, March. 1-4, 2011.
- Hanqi Guo, Zuchao Wang, Bowen Yu and Xiaoru Yuan. “TripVista: Triple Perspective Visual Traffic Trajectory Data Analytics.” In Proceedings of IEEE Pacific Visualization Symposium (PacificVis 2011), pages 163-170, Hong Kong, March. 1-4, 2011.
- Xiaoru Yuan, He Xiao, Hanqi Guo, Peihong Guo, Wesley Kendall, Jian Huang, and Yongxian Zhang. “Scalable Multi-variate Analytics of Seismic and Satellite-based Observational Data.” IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics (Vis'10), 16(3):1413-1420, 2010.
- Yingcai Wu, Huamin Qu, Xiaoru Yuan, Ka-Kei Chun, and Shing-Chi Cheung, “Interactive Visual Optimization and Analysis for RFID Benchmarking.” IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics (Vis'10), 15(6):1335-1342, 2009.
- Donghao Ren, He Xiao and Xiaoru Yuan. “Visualization Assembly Line: Sketch-Based Multidimensional Data Visualization Construction and Online Collaboration.” In IEEE Pacific Visualization Symposium (PacificVis 2013) (Poster), Sydney, Feb. 26-March 1, 2013. (Best Poster Award)
- Xiaoru Yuan, Zuchao Wang and Cong Guo. “MDS-Tree and MDS-Matrix for High Dimensional Data Visualization.” IEEE Visualization 2012. Poster. Seatle, WA. USA. October 11-16, 2012.
- Hanqi Guo, He Xiao, Min Lu and Xiaoru Yuan. “Scalable multivariate volume visualization and analysis.” Large Data Analysis and Visualization (LDAV), 2011 IEEE Symposium on, 119-120.
- Bowen Yu and Xiaoru Yuan. “Parallel Coordinates on iPad.” In IEEE Pacific Visualization Symposium (PacificVis 2011) (Poster), Hong Kong, March. 1-4, 2011.
- Peihong Guo, He Xiao, and Xiaoru Yuan, “Interactive Attractive and Repulsive Operators in Parallel Coordinates.” IEEE Visualization 2009. Poster. Atlantic City, NJ. USA. October 11-16, 2009.